recorded Monday, 19 August 2013
Come join the ravelry group!
Cursed Cable Mitts by Mel-Tran Designs have been released!
- August 12, 2013 – September 30, 2013
- Go here to find a full list of pattern stores, yarn stores, and coupon codes
- The rules:
- Must be a member of the group to enter.
- Project must be started on or after the begin date, and be finished and posted by the time I record on the end date.
- Projects must be made using either a pattern from one of my vkn friends, or yarn dyed by one of my vkn friends. (See list in post two.) If you use both a pattern and a yarn from vkn friends in a single project, you may post the picture twice in the FOs thread.
Note: It is beyond okay to pick a free pattern. I don’t like when I can’t join KALs because I can’t afford the pattern right then.
-A project bag made by Hayley (picture to come shortly)
-A pattern from Hilary L./Hippie Penguin
-A skein of 716boss from 716knit in We Don’t Have Cable so We Have to Make Our Own Fun
-A skein of yarn from Solar Flair Fibres
- Please tag your projects with bphvkn
The idea is to take the concept of Kristen Cooper’s Temperature Scarf and use it in a way that works for you. Don’t want to commit to a year-long project? Try tackling a month-long project instead – the minimum size for a project is 28 days.
It is up to you what color/weight of yarn you use, and what the finished object will be. You decide how big you want your color sections to be. You decide what your color blocks represent (high temps, low temps, what the sky looks like, the day’s humidity level…)
It runs 5/17/13 – 5/27/14
- Frammie Socks by Jenna Meyer Yarn: unkown Needle: US 1, 2.25
- Caleb’s Dragon Pattern: Dragon Amigurumi by Rachel Rodriguez Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver in Bright Yellow, Pumpkin Hook: US F
- Reciprocation Mitts Pattern: Reciprocation by Michelle Hunter Yarn: Handspun Greenwood Fiberworks 100% bfl in Adirondack needles: US 2, 2.75mm
- Superwash merino from All Spun Up
- Rock Strata Mitts by Josh Ryks Yarn: Unknown black acrylic, Red Heart Super Saver in Hunter Green Needles: US 7, 4.5 mm
- Fractured by Josh Ryks Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll in Make Believe Hand Paints, Canopy Tonal; Fleece Artist BFL Socks Needles: US 5, 3.75mm
Spindle making how tos
Sock Yarn Blanket
You mean I can cover my entire body in sock goodness?!?!? Pattern: Sock Yarn Blanket by Shelly Kang, The Heathen Housewife. Needles: US 2; 2.75 mm
- Spartickes Dyes Braverman Sock in Cotton Candy
Kids’ quotes from the weekend