recorded Wednesday, 29 May 2013
Clearly I recorded before I was awake; this is episode 29, not 30.
Come join the ravelry group!
You can find me on youtube!
- Will start June 1, 2013 – please do not CO before then
- Will end July 31, 2013
- Must use 75-100% of a skein, or spin 1 bump/batt/braid of fiber
- Joint CAL with Anna of the Knitting with Sir Anselot and Lady G Podcast
- Prize: Nooch Fiber Midtown sock in Tomorrow
The idea is to take the concept of Kristen Cooper’s Temperature Scarf and use it in a way that works for you. Don’t want to commit to a year-long project? Try tackling a month-long project instead – the minimum size for a project is 28 days.
It is up to you what color/weight of yarn you use, and what the finished object will be. You decide how big you want your color sections to be. You decide what your color blocks represent (high temps, low temps, what the sky looks like, the day’s humidity level…)
It runs 5/17/13 – 5/27/14
- Blizzard Headband Pattern: Blizzard Headband by jenna meyer Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver in Black, 2 strands held together. Needles: US 9, 5.5mm
- Terminal Socks Pattern: The Terminal by Jenna Meyer. Yarn: Premier Yarns Serenity Sock in Indigo Needle: US 1, 2.25 mm
- Robert’s Dragon Pattern: Dwendaric the Dragon by Lisa Tomko Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver in brown and green. Hook: US G, 4.0mm
Works In Progress:
- Fiber from allspunup
- Forest Lawn by Jenna Meyer Yarn: Mountain Colors Crazyfoot in Firestorm Needle: US 2, 2.75 mm
Sock Yarn Blanket
You mean I can cover my entire body in sock goodness?!?!? Pattern: Sock Yarn Blanket by Shelly Kang, The Heathen Housewife. Needles: US 2; 2.75 mm
What I’m Reading
My 2 most memorable birthdays
- Age 5
- Age 14