recorded Tuesday, 14 May 2013
Come join the ravelry group!
You can find me on youtube!
- The winner is drawn!
- Will start June 1, 2013 – please do not CO before then
- Will end July 31, 2013
- Must use 75-100% of a skein, or spin 1 bump/batt/braid of fiber
- Joint CAL with Anna of the Knitting with Sir Anselot and Lady G Podcast
The idea is to take the concept of Kristen Cooper’s Temperature Scarf and use it in a way that works for you. Don’t want to commit to a year-long project? Try tackling a month-long project instead – the minimum size for a project is 28 days.
It is up to you what color/weight of yarn you use, and what the finished object will be. You decide how big you want your color sections to be. You decide what your color blocks represent (high temps, low temps, what the sky looks like, the day’s humidity level…)
- Mom’s Shawl Pattern: Tuch / shawl *LazyKaty* by Birgit Freyer. Yarn: Ice Yarns Angora Premium in Rose Pink. Needles: US 8, 5.0mm
- Blizzard Headband Pattern: Blizzard Headband by jenna meyer Yarn: Bernat Roving in “flint”. Needles: US 9, 5.5mm
- Cthulhu No pattern. Yarn: Caron One Pound Hook: US D, 3.25mm
Works In Progress:
- Hayley’s Wizard Socks Pattern: Gandalf Socks by Claire Ellen Yarn: Highland Handmades Sugar Maple Sock Yarn in “Fly, You Fools!” Needle: US 1, 2.25 mm
- Stripy Planes Pattern: Socks on a Plane by Laura Linneman Yarn: Red Heart Heart & Sole in Green Envy Needle: US 1, 2.25 mm
- See You on the Lake Pattern: Lakeside by Julia Vaconsin Yarn: Premier Yarns Serenity Sock in “Navy” Needle: US 2, 2.75 mm
- Fiber from allspunup
Sock Yarn Blanket
You mean I can cover my entire body in sock goodness?!?!? Pattern: Sock Yarn Blanket by Shelly Kang, The Heathen Housewife. Needles: US 2; 2.75 mm
- ChiaGoo needles, sizes 1 and 2. Sent to me by Becca via The Sassy Sheep
What I’m Reading
My 3 favorite sweet crepes from It’s Just Crepes
- Paradise – nutella, sliced almonds, coconut shavings
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries – nutella, sliced strawberries
- S’mores – nutella, graham cracker crumbles, marshmallow cream