recorded Monday, 18 February 2013
Come join the ravelry group!
The winner is drawn!
- Can use any ravelry sanctioned craft to make something for a mom. You can start something new, or pick up a WIP!
- Tag projects with “BPHMOM”
- Deadline: May 13, 2013
- Prize: TBD
- Mandi is the Sweater Guinea Pig Pattern: $5 in Paris by Anna Peck Maliszewski. Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in “black” and “Heathered Gray”. Needles: US 6, 4.00 mm; US 8, 5.00 mm.
- Flowers from The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet by Margaret Hubert: pansym bullion flower, primrose, briar rose. Yarn: Orange. Hook: US G, 4.25mm
- Granny squares
- Mandi’s objects: change purse, over the shoulder bag, slippers,. She used size H, not size K.
Works In Progress:
- Mandi’s Socks Pattern: 117-12 Long socks in ”Fabel” with cables, lace pattern and silk ribbon by DROPS Yarn: Premier Yarns Serenity Sock in “Charcoal” Needle: US 1, 2.25 mm
- Black thigh highs Pattern: Cinderella’s Secret Stockings by Ruth Ramanan. Yarn: KnitPicks Stroll in “Black” Needles: US 2, 2.75 mm
- Star Socks Pattern: Designing it! Yarn: Premier Yarns Serenity Sock in Surf. Needles: US 2, 2.75 mm
Sock Yarn Blanket
You mean I can cover my entire body in sock goodness?!?!? Pattern: Sock Yarn Blanket by Shelly Kang, The Heathen Housewife. Needles: US 2; 2.75 mm
- Patons Kroy FX in Clover Colors
- Science Monkey Mercantile Faraday in “Rosalind Franklin’s (Overexposed) Photograph”, “Chattaboogie, Mark One”, “Northern Bogs”
- Sensations Bamboo & Ewe Pattern in Purp/Blk Pattern
What I am Reading
- Chicks with Sticks (Knitwise) by Elizabeth Lenhard
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- How to Train Your Dragon Book 1 by Cressida Cowell
Three Indie Dyers I haven’t bought from yet, but am drooling over
- HippiePenguinFibers – especially her The Hobbit sock yarns
- NorthCabinFiberCraft – I’m Yours colorway is pink and green!
- CakewalkFibers – LOVE Cherry Blossom and Rita