recorded Monday, 4 February 2013
Come join the ravelry group!
- Can use any ravelry sanctioned craft to make something for yourself. You can start something new, or pick up a WIP!
- Tag projects with “BPHSELF”
- Deadline: February 18, 2013 –TWO WEEKS LEFT
- Prize Options: Premier Yarns Serenity Sock in Harlequin, Yarn Bee Walk Away in Tango, Nooch Fiber Midtown Sock in Stomping Grapes, Science Monkey Mercantile Faraday base in Texecuted and Unexpected Success: Red #2, KnitPicks Essentials Kettle dyed in Oak, Fleece Artist BFL Socks
I fixed Cecilia’s socks…
Works In Progress:
- Mandi’s Socks Pattern: 117-12 Long socks in ”Fabel” with cables, lace pattern and silk ribbon by DROPS Yarn: Premier Yarns Serenity Sock in “Charcoal” Needle: US 1, 2.25 mm
- Snuggle #2 Pattern: Original. Yarn: worsted acrylic in black and white. Hook: US k, 6.5 mm. Made as part of the Yarnivore C/KAL
- Lapghan Pattern: Mitre squares. Yarn: Lion Brand Homespun in “Tudors”, “Cream”, “Barley”, blue and pastels. Needles: Us 10, 6.00 mm
- Domino Spinning. Fiber: Nistock Farms from the sheep Domino. Given to me by Carrie. Spindle: Thomas Creations
- 2 Color Spinning Fiber: Purple mystery, from Carrie. Spindle: CD
- Mandi is the Sweater Guinea Pig Pattern: $5 in Paris by Anna Peck Maliszewski. Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in “black” and “Heathered Gray”. Needles: US 6, 4.00 mm; US 8, 5.00 mm.
- Black thigh highs Pattern: Cinderella’s Secret Stockings by Ruth Ramanan. Yarn: KnitPicks Stroll in “Black” Needles: US 2, 2.75 mm
- Blue thigh highs Pattern: Ribbing. Yarn: Premier Yarns Serenity Sock in “Indigo”. Needles: US 2, 2.75 mm
Sock Yarn Blanket
You mean I can cover my entire body in sock goodness?!?!? Pattern: Sock Yarn Blanket by Shelly Kang, The Heathen Housewife. Needles: US 2; 2.75 mm
- Premier Yarns Serenity Sock in “Chili”, “Paprika”
- Lion Brand Sock-Ease in “Cotton Candy”
- Brown Sheep Wildfoote Luxury Sock in “Master Gray”
- Nooch Fiber Minis – MCN and Superwash Merino
Socks for me using Premier Yarns Serenity Sock in “Surf”. I will be designing a star pattern.
- Blue Mushroom magnet, Green Mushroom Keychain, and Howl’s Moving Castle keychain. Check out MalonB!
- Fleece Artist BFL Sock
- Mulberry Silk, 4.3 oz
- Science Monkey Mercantile Faraday base in Unexpected Success: Red #2
What I am Reading
- The Sword of Avalon by Marion Zimmer-Bradley
- Malice by Chris Wooding
- Make the Bread, Buy the Butter by Jennifer Reese
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Chicks with Sticks (It’s a Purl Thing) by Elizabeth Lenhard
- Chicks with Sticks (Knit Two Together) by Elizabeth Lenhard
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
Three Favorite Things about Nerd Wars
- Team 1-Up!!!!
- Monthly project deadlines
- 3-month project