recorded Monday, 28 January 2013
Come join the ravelry group!
- Can use any ravelry sanctioned craft to make something for yourself. You can start something new, or pick up a WIP!
- Tag projects with “BPHSELF”
- Deadline: February 18, 2013
- Prize Options: Premier Yarns Serenity Sock in Harlequin, Yarn Bee Walk Away in Tango, Nooch Fiber Midtown Sock in Stomping Grapes, Science Monkey Mercantile Faraday base in Texecuted, KnitPicks Essentials Kettle dyed in Oak
- My project: Pattern: Kai-Mei by Cookie A. Yarn: Plymouth Yarns Happy Feet in “1”. Needles: US 2, 2.75mm
Works In Progress:
- Mandi’s Socks Pattern: 117-12 Long socks in ”Fabel” with cables, lace pattern and silk ribbon by DROPS Yarn: Premier Yarns Serenity Sock in “Charcoal” Needle: US 1, 2.25 mm
- Snuggle #2 Pattern: Original. Yarn: worsted acrylic in black and white. Hook: US k, 6.5 mm. Made as part of the Yarnivore C/KAL
- Lapghan Pattern: Mitre squares. Yarn: Lion Brand Homespun in Tudors and cream.
- Domino Spinning. Fiber: Nistock Farms from the sheep Domino. Given to me by Carrie.
I want to figure out how to fit some of the following into Nerd Wars T7R1
- 2 color spinning
- 4 can cozies for Kurt
- Mandi’s sweater
- 1 pr socks for me
- Snuggle #3
- Mandi’s socks, Snuggle #2, and/or the softie I am designing
Unrelated, I am going to start an afghan for Mer as part of the 2013 Block-a-Month Crochet group on Ravelry. It will be black, white and purple.
- Nooch Fiber Morningside Sock yarn in “Murky, too”
- Nooch Fiber Central Park Fingering in “Storm”
- Nooch Fiber Peruvian Wool roving in “Nearly Headless Nick
- Stylecraft Vision yarn in “1498 Greensleeves””
What I am Reading
- The Sword of Avalon by Marion Zimmer-Bradley
- Malice by Chris Wooding
- Make the Bread, Buy the Butter by Jennifer Reese
Three Podcasts to check out
- 90% Knitting with Lisa. She is the dyer behind Fibernymph Dyeworks.
- Dramatic Knits with Steve and Callie
- Heartland Knits with Vicki