recorded Monday, 31 December 2012
Thank you Dianne of Knitabulls Podcast for Walnut Grove by Karrie Steinmetz
- The project is collecting handmade softies to distribute to children affected by Hurricane Sandy.
- The C/KAL will run through noon, eastern time, on January 7, 2013. Each toy made will be a separate entry into the drawing, so please post them separately, and be sure to tag the projects with “bunniphishsofties”
- The winner of the drawing will receive a toy pattern of his or her choice up to $7. The pattern must be giftable through ravelry.
- Commisioned Cthulhu. Pattern: Original. Yarn: Caron One Pound Soft Pink. Hook: US D, 3.25mm. If you are interested in a Cthulhu of your own, you can find my etsy shop here.
Works In Progress:
- Mandi’s Socks Pattern: 117-12 Long socks in ”Fabel” with cables, lace pattern and silk ribbon by DROPS Yarn: Premier Yarns Serenity Sock in “Charcoal” Needle: US 1, 2.25 mm
- Melissa’s Socks Pattern: Original design. Yarn: Science Monkey Mercantile in Faraday base, colorway NSOvember; Knit Picks Stroll Solids, Heathers & Twists in colorway Black. Needles: US 1, 2.25 mm and US 2, 2.75 mm
- Kenny’s socks Pattern: Slide by Cookie A. Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks Ragg Shades in colorway Grey Brown Marl. Needle: US 2, 2.75 mm
- Robert’s Socks Pattern: Wedge by Cookie A. Yarn: Patons Stretch Socks in colorway Spearmint. Needle: US 2, 2.75 mm
- Mara’s Socks Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A. Yarn: Premier Yarns Serenity Sock in Paprika. Needle: US 2, 2.75 mm
- Seraphina’s Shawl Pattern: Seraphina’s Shawl by Doni’s Stuff. Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in Black. Hook: US H, 5.0 mm
- Valentine Shawl Pattern: Ozark Morning Shawl by Mary Aycock. Yarn: Alpaca dyed by Lorain. Hook: US H, 5.0 mm
- Spinning baby doll south down
Sock Yarn Blanket makes an appearance!
- Socks for Gabriel
- Sweater for Mandi
- Sweater for me
- Socks for me
What I am Reading
- The Mists of Avalon book 4
- Changeling by Phillipa Gregory
- The Knitting Goddess by Deborah Bergman
- Stardust by Neil Gaimen
Goals for 2013:
- Make half the things on my written queue
- Publish 5 patterns
- Make 8 pairs of socks for me.
- Finish 25 pairs of socks made from yarn stashed by Dec 31, 2013
- Make lapghan out of Lion Brand homespun