recorded Monday, 10 December 2012
- The project is collecting handmade softies to distribute to children affected by Hurricane Sandy.
- The C/KAL will run through noon, eastern time, on January 7, 2013. Each toy made will be a separate entry into the drawing, so please post them separately, and be sure to tag the projects with “bunniphishsofties”
- The winner of the drawing will receive a toy pattern of his or her choice up to $7. The pattern must be giftable through ravelry.
- Finished toys: 1.) Pattern: Grumpasaurus by Kat Lewinski Yarn: leftover green acrylic. Needle: US 5, 3.75 mm. 2.) Pattern: Very loosely based on Austin Owl Amigurumi by Allison Hoffman. Yarn: Mystery brown, mystery cream. Hook: US D, 3.25 mm
- WIP toys: 1.) Pattern: Very loosely based on Austin Owl Amigurumi by Allison Hoffman. Yarn: Black and white acrylic. Hook: US K, 6.5 mm 2.) Pattern: Original design. Yarn: Black and white acrylic. Needle: US 5, 3.75 mm
- Two Cowls for Hilary of Hippie Penguin Pattern: 2×1 ribbing. Yarn: Black and white acrylic; mystery brown.
- Shapeshifting in Pink Pattern: Shape Shifting in 12 by Aurora Suominen Yarn: RHSS in colorways pretty n’ pink and light pink. Hook: US H, 5.0 mm
All squares are made using Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in colorways scarlet and black; Red Heart Super Saver Solids in colorway bright yellow. Making this as part of the 2012 BAM CAL group on ravelry.com.
Sock Yarn Blanket
You mean I can cover my entire body in sock goodness?!?!? Pattern: Sock Yarn Blanket by Shelly Kang, The Heathen Housewife. Needles: US 2; 2.75 mm
- Premier Yarns Serenity Sock Weight in colorway Chili
Works In Progress:
- Pink Cat Bed for my Nerd Wars dissertation. Pattern: 1-skein pet bed by Chris Porter. Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in colorway watermelon; Red Heart Super Saver in colorway Light Pink Hook: US J, 6.0 mm
- Mom socks Pattern: Pocket from Socks a la Carte Yarn: Yarn Bee Walk Away in colorway Ballet. Needle: US 2, 2.75mm
- Cecilia’s Ruby-ish Slippers Pattern: Original Yarn: Lion Brand Sock-Ease in colorway Cotton Candy. Needle: US 2, 2.75mm
- Cowl for Hilary of Hippie Penguin. Pattern: K2, P1 Yarn: Orange acrylic Needles: US 7, 4.5 mm
Surprise yarn from friends: Science Monkey Mercantile in Faraday base, colorway NSOvember. Be jealous of the gorgeous pinkness!
What I am Reading
- Finished Knitting Rules! by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, Yarn Harlot on Sunday
- Finished The Mists of Avalon books 2 and 3 by Marion Zimmer Bradley. Hoping book 4 is at the library tomorrow.
- About 20 pages into Changeling by Phillipa Gregory
Three Favorite Things – To do, other than craft and read
- Listen to music