recorded Monday, 3 December 2012
- The project is collecting handmade softies to distribute to children affected by Hurricane Sandy.
- The C/KAL will run through noon, eastern time, on January 7, 2013. Each toy made will be a separate entry into the drawing, so please post them separately, and be sure to tag the projects with “bunniphishsofties”
- The winner of the drawing will receive a toy pattern of his or her choice up to $7. The pattern must be giftable through ravelry.
- My first toy: Pattern: will be a Grumpasaurus by Kat Lewinski Yarn: leftover green acrylic. Needle: US 5, 3.75 mm. I’m hoping to make at least three toys by the deadline.
- “Lenny Sock” The sock my sister’s dog chewed on has been successfully mended! Yarn: Yarn Bee Walk Away in colorway Ballet. Needles: US 2, 2.75 mm
- Rose’s Cowl Original pattern. Unkown yarn. Needle: US 8, 5.0 mm. Used for the Nerd Wars Nerd Culture challenge, “I Will Survive”
- Blue and Red Cat Bed for my Nerd Wars dissertation. Pattern: 1-skein pet bed by Chris Porter. Yarn: random red acrylic; Red Heart Super Saver in colorways Royal, Navy; Lion Brand Fun Fur Solid in colorway bright blue. Hook: US J, 6.0 mm
All squares are made using Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in colorways scarlet and black; Red Heart Super Saver Solids in colorway bright yellow. Making this as part of the 2012 BAM CAL group on ravelry.com.
- December 6″ Squares Pattern: Grannie’s Red Flower Square by Melanie Stiles Hook: US H, 5.0 mm
- October 12″ Square Pattern: Winterslace by Teresa J Kohlhoff. Hook: US H, 5.0 mm
- August 12″ Square Pattern: Shape Shifting in 12 by Aurora Suominen Hook: US H, 5.0 mm
- August 6″ Squares Pattern: Moon Granny Square by Patrizia Pisani Hook: US G, 4.0 mm.
- September 12″ Square Pattern: Embracing Variety by Aurora Suominen Hook: US H, 5.0 mm
Sock Yarn Blanket
You mean I can cover my entire body in sock goodness?!?!? Pattern: Sock Yarn Blanket by Shelly Kang, The Heathen Housewife. Needles: US 2; 2.75 mm
- Yarn Bee Walk Away in colorways Ballet and Well-Heeled
- Knit Picks Stroll in colorway black
- Brown Sheep Wildfoote Luxury Sock in colorway Master Grey
Works In Progress:
- Sudoku at the Coffee Shop Pattern: Crosswords at the Coffee Shop by Karrie Steinmetz. Yarn: Zweena Yarns Worsted in colorway Teal
- Mandi’s Socks Pattern: 117-12 Long socks in “Fable” with cables, lace pattern and silk ribbon by DROPS designs.Yarn: Premier Serenity Sock Weight in colorway charcoal. Needles: US 1; 2.25mm
- Pink Cat Bed for my Nerd Wars dissertation. Pattern: 1-skein pet bed by Chris Porter. Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in colorway watermelon; Red Heart Super Saver in colorway Light Pink Hook: US J, 6.0 mm
- Mom socks Pattern: Pocket from Socks a la Carte Yarn: Yarn Bee Walk Away in colorway Ballet. Needle: US 2, 2.75mm
- Cecilia’s Pajamas using old t-shirts
- Cowl for Hilary of Hippie Penguin. Pattern: K2, P1 Yarn: Black and White acrylic Needles: US 7, 4.5 mm
- Cecilia socks using Lion Brand Sock-Ease in colorway Cotton Candy. Making up a pattern to look like Ruby Slippers
- January 2013 Craft-a-long: Finish something for yourself. WIPs are acceptable.
Yarn from Nooch Fiber
- Midtown Sock Yarn in colorways Totally Goth and Stomping Grapes
- Morningside Sock in colorways Cloud Nine and Princess
What I am Reading
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- Knitting Rules! by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, Yarn Harlot
Three Favorite Things – Podcasts, Part 2
- KnitPurlGirl – Knitting, crochet. Karrie will be sorely missed.
- Hippie Penguin – Hosted by Hilary, and sometimes Leslie. She has an etsy shop – go look at her gorgeous yarn and fiber!
- Cast-On Hosted by Brenda Dayne. Audio only.