recorded Monday, 19 November 2012
- Detroit Lions Hat. Yarn: Caron One Pound in colorways teal and black. Needles: US 6; 4.0 mm
- Mandi’s arm warmers Pattern: Fingerless Gloves by Red Berry Crochet. Yarn: Red Heart Boutique Magical. Hook: US H; 5.0 mm
- Brown Cat Bed for my Nerd Wars dissertation. Pattern: 1-skein pet bed by Chris Porter. Yarn: Randome brown acrylic my Mer gave me. Hook: US J, 6.0 mm
- Mom’s socks Pattern: I made up the pattern to make the cables read “Mom” in International Morse Code. Yarn: Red Heart Heart & Sole in colorway Toasted Almond. Needles: US 2; 2.75mm
- “Spring Morning” fiber. Sent to me by Carrie. Corridale. 4.7 oz, 95 yds.
- “Dark Spindle Snack” fiber. Sent to me by Mary. Fiber content unknown. 8 g, 9.8 yds. Spindle from Thomas Creations, etsy store ThreadsThruTime.
Works In Progress:
- You mean I can cover my entire body in sock goodness?!?!? Pattern: Sock Yarn Blanket by Shelly Kang, The Heathen Housewife. Yarn: Sock yarn leftovers. Needles: US 2; 2.75 mm
- Sock Yarn Scarf Pattern: Original pattern, double knit. Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll in colorway black; Premier Yarns Serenity Sock Weight in colorway indigo. Needles: US 4; 3.5 mm
- DNA Socks Pattern: DNA Scarf by June Oshiro, Twosheep. Yarn: Lion Brand Sock-Ease in colorway toffee. Needles: US 2; 2.75 mm
- Mandi’s Socks Pattern: 117-12 Long socks in “Fable” with cables, lace pattern and silk ribbon by DROPS designs – to be known from now on as 117-12. Yarn: Premier Serenity Sock Weight in colorway charcoal. Needles: US 1; 2.25mm
- Baby Doll South Down Fiber from Carrie. Spun using a CD drop spindle. Wrist distaff from MaryBearsOsoCrafty
- Crocodile Flower Square for Rachel’s afghan. Making this as part of the 2012 BAM CAL group on ravelry.com. Pattern: The Crocodile Flower by Joyce Lewis. Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in colorways scarlet and black; Red Heart Super Saver Solids in colorway bright yellow.
- Green Cat Bed for my Nerd Wars dissertation. Pattern: 1-skein pet bed by Chris Porter. Yarn: random acrylic gifted to me by my best friend Mer. Hook: US J, 6.0 mm
- JoAnn Sensations Rosario Multi in colorway green
- Lion Brand Sock-Ease in colorway cotton candy. (The other colorway I was looking at was rock candy.)
- Socks from my barter partner
Three Favorite Things
- Socks! I have over 60 pairs.
- Sock yarn – I have enough to make 15 pairs, not including what is on my needles
- Sock knitting – I always have a pair on the needles. I have made 18 pairs since learning to knit a year and a half ago.